Part-time: 20 hours per week (potential for full time position)
Starting rate: $18/hour
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with grant administration, diversifying membership, engaging with community partners and coordinating volunteers. This vast majority of this role will be directed towards the iCommute Grant, detailed below. Membership, volunteer coordination and other grand administration will be on a by need basis.
iCommute Grant Administration
This is a recurring grant with SANDAG that is focused on encouraging bike use for employers and schools.
This program includes:
- Outreach and support: Reaching out to businesses and schools for programming.
- Bike education program management.
The Outreach Coordinator will work to identify ways to diversify the membership of the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition.
This may include:
- Attending Board of Directors Membership Committee meetings.
- Advising SDCBC staff on ways to diversify membership and create a more inclusive culture through programming and events.
- Coordinating an annual event for members.
Community Partners and Outreach
The Outreach Coordinator will work with the Programs Director to administer additional grants and connect with community partners. They will also be a part of the Outreach and Equity Ad Hoc Committee, collaborating with the directors to ensure that diverse perspectives are brought into every aspect of the SDCBC’s decision making processes, programs and advocacy work.
This role may include:
- Connecting with existing community partners and identifying new community partners.
- Assisting with diversity outreach and education including bike rodeos, safety education and promotional activities.
- Working with the Programs Director to create “Business Engagement Opportunities,” including contests, events, recognition rewards, ambassador partnerships, mentor programs, etc.
- Encouraging the expanded understanding of diversity, inclusive and equity as it relates to transportation.
The Outreach Coordinator will work with the Programs Director and the Board of Directors to offer volunteer opportunities.
This may include:
- Attending SDCBC Board Meetings.
- Creating volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinating volunteers
An ideal candidate will have some or most of the following skills:
- A background in social services, community organizing, advocacy, education, data analysis/research
- Great people skills, time management and personal motivation
- The ability to relate to and build trust with diverse groups of people
- An interest in transportation justice and social justice in bicycling and beyond
- Experience with website management including WordPress and customer relationship management systems
- A breadth of experience with the Google suite
- Proficiency in a Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog or other languages that are common in San Diego County
- League Certified Instructor or interest in getting certified
- A driver’s license and experience driving large vehicles with trailers in tow.
Ready to apply? You can fill out the form below, or send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org